Youth Missions Play 2018
The Revenge of the Space Pandas
or Binky Rudich and the Two-Speed Clock
By David Mamet with music by Alaric Jans.
The Mount Olivet Players, in conjunction with Keegan Theatre, performed Revenge of the Space Pandas or Binky Rudich and the Two-Speed Clock by David Mamet, the Pulitzer-prize winning creative mind behind Glengarry Glen Ross, The Untouchables, and the Postman Always Rings Twice. This sci-fi fantasy about two 12 year-olds and a sheep hurtling through space to a panda-policed outer dimension serves up wry grown-up humor and fun for the whole family. Performances were February 2-4 and 9-11, with proceeds supporting the Youth Summer Mission Trips.
Past Performances by The Mount Olivet Youth
The Youth are an integral part of Mount Olivet United Methodist Church. Each year they serve the community with mission trips and fellowship over the summer. The 2017 performance of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night raised over $21,000 for mission trips.
- more than 80 youth have performed in the plays
- youth rehearse at least 80 hours each season for the play
- more than 75 youth have worked on the sets or helped serve the meal at dinner theater
- more than $150,000 has been raised to support the youth summer mission projects
- more than 125 lives have been directly touched by our youth acting as the hands and feet of Christ in their communities