From Pastor Ed
This is a fall unlike any other in our lifetimes. Some things are familiar, but the global pandemic casts its shadow on everything. Now more than ever, we need to be the church:
- so that we proclaim the one Lord, Jesus Christ. National elections are very good at dividing people into one of two camps. As the church, though, we claim a common Lord for our lives.
- so that we hold Christ’s body, the church together because the global pandemic has us sheltering, worshiping, learning and working from home. The church incarnates the love of Jesus so that even when we apart, we are one.
- so that those who are hurting, because of job loss, change in health or death of one who was close, know they are not alone.
- so that we can encourage one another in a time of uncertainty and anxiety.
We are asking for your continued financial support to assure that Mount Olivet will be the church during this unprecedented time in our lifetimes. Your pledge assures that we can budget responsibly to fulfill our mission and vision as a congregation. If you are in a place where you can increase your pledge, it will help cover any financial gaps due to job loss or other losses of income among our congregation members. If you are among those who have had a loss of income or job, we hope you will let Pastor Ed know.
On October 18 and 25, our preachers will preach on a scripture that reminds us who we are as the church. We are called to march to the beat of God's drum. We hope and pray you will be encouraged during these special Sundays and that you will assure Mount Olivet's continuing ministry and mission by making a generous financial pledge to the 2021 operating fund on Commitment Sunday, October 25.
We realize that so many things are vying for our attention these days and we only have so much bandwidth. Therefore we will be observing a second Commitment Sunday on Sunday, November 15.
Let’s be the church . . . and in so doing, let us further our mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Mount Olivet couldn't be the church to our community, both near and far, without your generous support. As always, your pledge is confidential and modifiable at anytime by contacting Marilyn Traynham, Church Administrator.
Below the pledge form, you can learn more about the various ways of giving at Mount Olivet.
Ways to Give
- Visit mountolivetumc.com/giving
- Create an account following the directions
- Set-up "Recurring Giving" or making one-time contributions from a card or bank account
- Login to your account anytime to manage your giving and view history
There is a 2.5% processing fee for online giving. You will see an option to help cover that cost when you give. We are grateful for your generosity.
You can mail your gifts to
Mount Olivet United Methodist Church
1500 N Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22207
Electronic Fund Transfer
- Have your pledge automatically drafted from your bank account (with no processing fees on our end)!
- Enter your routing number, bank account number, and effective withdrawal date into the secure pledge form above.
- You can also mail a voided check to Mount Olivet | 1500 N Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22207
Your EFT is modifiable at anytime by contacting Marilyn Traynham.