⛵️ Come Sail Away
Everyone is invited to participate in the activities and events planned to honor Pastor Ed and Sharon as they prepare to sail on to serve a new church.
Here’s a summary so that you can begin planning now for your participation. More details will follow in the weeks ahead.
Video Submissions Due May 18
Make your own video to be incorporated into a keepsake video for Pastor Ed and Sharon!
How would you like to express your appreciation or share a special memory? Let your creative juices flow.
- Submissions are due Wednesday, May 18.
- Record in a landscape (horizontal) format.
- No longer than 2 minutes.
- Videos should be under 1 GB.
Submitting Your Video
- Videos may be submitted using the form below.
- If you're uploading a video on behalf of a group, please select the appropriate "Associated Group" name.
- It may take a few minutes for your video to upload before it allows you to click submit. You will see a message saying Thank You when your video is received.
If you need assistance creating your video, please contact: Helen Mavroidis | 571-216-2316 or Dotty Dake | 571-312-1218
☀️ Fun, Fellowship, and Farewell
Saturday, June 4
2-6 PM on The Green
Join us outside to speak with Pastor Ed and Sharon and to enjoy fellowship, a bounce house and water play, games for all ages, the R.E.A.D. Book Bus, snacks from La Cocina, and live music from The Way Collective, the Buzz Hounds, and Red Shoes. Please sign up here to help us show hospitality to all in attendance to make this celebration very special!
Sunday, June 5 at 8:30 or 11 AM
Pastor Ed will preach at both services, and you will have a chance to speak with Pastor Ed and Sharon following both services. After the 11 AM worship service, Pastor Ed and Sharon will be honored and presented with special gifts. This will be Sharon’s last Sunday with us, and Pastor Ed’s last sermon at the traditional worship service.
Sunday, June 12 at 11 AM
Pastor Ed will preach. Following worship, Pastor Ed will be honored, and you will have a chance to speak with him. This will be Pastor Ed’s final Sunday with us. Your videos, cards, letters, love gift, and conversations during in-person events will give Pastor Ed and Sharon a wonderful send off as they sail on to be welcomed by their new church family.
📝 Cards & Letters
Send a card or letter for Pastor Ed and Sharon to the church office to the attention of Marilyn Traynham.
- Put letter in the marked box on the counter by the office
- Place in Offering Plate during worship
During the Week
- Place letters in the locked mail box on 16th St.
Cards and letters are due Wednesday, June 1.
💌 Love Gift
Contribute to the Love Gift for Pastor Ed and Sharon!
If you write a check, please make it payable to Mount Olivet UMC, write “Love Gift” on the memo line of your check, and mail it to the church or drop in the offering plate.
If you choose to give online by check or credit card, please note “Love Gift” for the purpose.
Contributions are due Sunday, June 12.