Healing & Sympathy
- For Cathy McCanless, mother of Cate Clark, who is hospitalized in North Carolina.
- For Zdenka, who is in recovery after months of being in a coma.
- For Ann Stretch, as she recovers from back surgery.
- For Nan Cooper who has been diagnosed with ALS, and for her husband, Dan, who is her primary caregiver.
- For Karen Watkins, as she recovers from a recent fall and pneumonia.
- For healing for Audrey Barnhart, mother of Debby Fairweather.
- For Roger Broadwater, as he battles Parkinson’s and dementia and for his wife, as his caregiver.
- For the Rev. Dr. Olivia Wesley and her family, as they grieve the sudden and unexpected death of her son, Sylvanus David Bangura. Olivia was a student at Wesley Theological Seminary and served on the staff of Mount Olivet from 2000-2001.
For those battling cancer
- Heather Weir
- John Elliott
- Hallie Sommardahl
- Angela McDougall
Prayers for the World
- For the CDC as it works to fight new cases of COVID-19 caused by the Delta variant.
- For peace in Mozambique, as foreign troops sent to reinforce local security forces have clashed with Islamist militants for the first time.
- For the volunteer gardeners at Arlington Highlands Urban Garden (HUG), who have developed a garden with large water jugs. This urban garden is meant to show how produce can grow mere steps away from a concrete jungle.
- For peace, environmental justice and health care throughout the world.
How can we pray for you?
NOTE: Any prayer request you share with Mount Olivet will remain confidential, unless otherwise noted, and will only be shared with our lead team for the purposes of prayer.