Healing & Sympathy
- For Bonnie Fowler, as she continues to recover from a broken hip and subsequent partial hip replacement surgery which is made extra challenging by multiple forms of arthritis and an impaired immune system.
- For Sid Dewberry, who is hospitalized.
- For Charlie Foley, an 11-year old from Newport News, who suffered severe burns in a home accident.
- For Noel Gaelas, father of Yarikza Gaelas, who is recovering from a stroke.
- For Loretta Cochran, Cindy Newcomb’s mother, who is in rehab.
For those battling cancer
- Heather Weir
- Sally Masri
Prayers for the World
- For the people of Beirut, Lebanon, where poorly stored ammonium nitrate exploded, killing more than 200 people, injured thousands and left uncounted numbers of people homeless.
- For the Virginia Supreme Court which granted Governor Northam’s request for a statewide eviction moratorium through September 7. As the ongoing Congressional stalemate leaves Virginians without federal housing protection, this is a critical step towards keeping families with limited incomes in their homes.
- For the families in Virginia who have family members that have contracted COVID-19 recently as the number of new cases are rising. We pray for the more than 20 million people around the world who have contracted COVID-19 and for the families of the 160,000 people that have died in the U.S. from the virus.
- For the government of Afghanistan as it prepares to release some 400 Taliban fighters from prison as a part of making peace with the Taliban.
- For the Mt Olivet-Newport United Methodist Church in Giles County, VA as it continues to work to stop the Mountain Valley Pipeline that would pass only 500 ft from the church carrying highly explosive fracked gas from West Virginia.
- For the environment of the Mauritius Islands, as a Japanese oil tanker off the coast has leaked about 1,000 metric tons of oil into a pristine Indian Ocean lagoon.
- For peace, ecological justice and health for all around the world.
How can we pray for you?
NOTE: Any prayer request you share with Mount Olivet will remain confidential, unless otherwise noted, and will only be shared with our lead team for the purposes of prayer.