Healing & Sympathy
- For Kevin Smith and his family, as they deal with his recent diagnosis of AL Amyloidosis.
- For two cousins of Roy Beck’s colleague, Patti, who both have new cancer challenges.
- For Pamela Broadwater’s former husband who is battling Parkinson’s disease and related health issues.
- For Patrick Pope who will undergo brain surgery on March 23 to implant electrodes that will cancel Parkinson’s tremors signals, with another surgery on March 30 to implant and connect the regulator/battery pack. We pray for successful procedures, full recovery, and outstanding results.
- Healing prayers for Heather Weir and her mother.
- For Bernice, cousin of Sherri Hunter, for her upcoming hip replacement surgery.
- For the family and friends of Kitty Hempstone, great-aunt of Muriel Croston, who died last week and for her daughter Hope Hempstone, who grieves the loss of her mother.
For those battling cancer
- Heather Weir
- Sally Masri
- Rachel Ressler
- Linda Robinson
- David Alexander
- Davide Bonzano
- John Elliott
- Hallie Sommardahl
Prayers for the World
- For the family and friends of Vernon Jordan, a leading civil rights activist, who died this week at age 85. Jordan helped integrate the University of Georgia in 1961. Later he worked for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and campaigned for voting rights before becoming president of the National Urban League and an advisor to U.S. Presidents.
- For Appalachian communities in West Virginia and Kentucky suffering from flooding brought on by this week's heavy rains.
- For democracy in Hong Kong where 47 of the city’s most prominent pro-democracy politicians and activists were arrested this week by Chinese authorities who accused them of conspiracy to commit subversion of People's Republic of China rule.
- For Pope Francis as he visits Iraq to support the struggling Christian Church in the country and reflect on its significance for the whole Church.
- For the people of Palestine, long occupied by Israel, where 40% of the people have been infected with COVID-19. Israel has vaccinated nearly half of its population but has not vaccinated Palestinians living in the West Bank and Gaza.
- For the one million DMV people who contracted coronavirus infections since last March: 577,174 in Virginia, 382,702 in Maryland and 40,684 in the District.
- For the nearly 50,000 Yemenis who are already starving to death and the 16 million who will go hungry this year, according to the United Nations.
- For the more than 4 in 10 U.S. children who live in a household struggling to meet basic expenses, and for the over seven million U.S. children who live in households that don’t have enough food because of the cost.
- For peace, environmental justice and health for all around the world.
How can we pray for you?
NOTE: Any prayer request you share with Mount Olivet will remain confidential, unless otherwise noted, and will only be shared with our lead team for the purposes of prayer.