- For Caylie, 11-year-old niece of Rachael Booyer, who is unwell and waiting for a COVID-19 test.
- For Bernice, cousin of Sherri Hunter, who is facing several health issues.
- For Bonnie Fowler, as she continues to recover from a broken hip and subsequent partial hip replacement surgery which is made extra challenging by multiple forms of arthritis and an impaired immune system.
- The Mount Olivet community lost one of its dear saints on Tuesday, September 22. Linda McKenney died after a severe fall at home. Linda, a long-time member, served as a middle school Sunday School teacher, was active in Stephen Ministry, and served for many years as the church librarian. Even though her husband, Mac, serves as a pastor in a northern Virginia church, Linda kept her membership at Mount Olivet. Please respect their privacy for now as they live through this time of shock and grief.
- For the family and friends of Vida Sorrell, long-time member of Mount Olivet, who died recently at age 98.
- For the family and friends of Caroline Moore-Kochlacs, a friend of Jaydee Hanson, who died after fighting breast cancer for six years.
- For the family and friends of Mike Grecco, Carol Hallowell’s brother-in-law, as they grieve his death after a battle with cancer.
For those battling cancer
- Heather Weir
- Sally Masri
- Rachel Ressler
- Linda Robinson
Prayers for the World
- For the family and friends of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, long- time advocate for women’s rights and U.S. Supreme Court Justice, who died last week after years of surviving pancreatic cancer.
- For the Virginia Annual Conference, which was postponed last week due to the failure of the technology for voting. We pray for Bishop Lewis and her staff as they work to solve the problems and still have an annual conference in 2020.
- For the families of the more than 200,000 people in the U.S. and 3,000 in Virginia that have died from the COVID-19 virus. We lament that a quarter of the people have died in nursing homes, away from their families in their final days.
- For people around the world dealing with floods, hurricanes, droughts and wildfires, now seen by scientists as evidence that, predicted, climate changes have arrived.
- For Ren Zhiqiang, a Chinese billionaire who criticized President Xi Jinping’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, now jailed for 18 years on corruption charges, according to a Chinese court.
- For the people of Mozambique’s Cabo Delgado province, where worsening conflict has forced more than 300,000 people to flee their homes and villages, leaving them completely reliant on humanitarian assistance, according to the UN World Food Program (WFP).
- For peace, environmental justice and health for all persons around the world.
How can we pray for you?
NOTE: Any prayer request you share with Mount Olivet will remain confidential, unless otherwise noted, and will only be shared with our lead team for the purposes of prayer.