- For Patrick Pope who will have an atrial ablation at Virginia Hospital Center Cardiac Clinic on July 10 and for his wife, June, who will travel from North Carolina to be here during the procedure.
- For USAF Col. and Commander John Schutte, son of Hope Schutte, that he stay well and healthy.
- For Dianne Murnane, a Mount Olivet Preschool teacher, who fell and fractured her arm in 3 places.
- For Bonnie Fowler, as she continues to recover from a broken hip and subsequent partial hip replacement surgery which is made extra challenging by multiple forms of arthritis and an impaired immune system.
- For Bill Smith, who is recovering from having a dual pacemaker installed.
- For Sid Dewberry, who is hospitalized.
- For Charlie Foley, an 11-year old from Newport News, who suffered severe burns in a home accident.
- For Noel Gaelas, father of Yarikza Gaelas, who is recovering from a stroke.
For those battling cancer
- Heather Weir
- Sally Masri
Prayers for the World
- For the African American community of Buckingham, Virginia and for the Native Americans of Lumberton, NC who are grateful that the Atlantic Coast Natural Gas pipeline will no longer go through their communities now that Dominion Energy and Duke Energy have announced that they are abandoning the large pipeline project as its cost grew larger than expected.
- For the more than 70 countries who warn they are at risk of running out of HIV medication due to the coronavirus pandemic. More than 25 million people may be at risk of not having the HIV medication that they need to live.
- For the 2,550 people in Arlington who have been diagnosed with COVID19 since the pandemic began. We rejoice that no patients in Arlington died between June 27 and July 7.
- For the US government and the US electorate as the election season now begins in earnest. We pray for civil elections at every level of government and an election where everyone has a safe way to vote.
- For the people and wildlife in Arctic Siberia where temperatures soared to a record average for June, more than 5 degrees Celsius (9°F) above normal, in a heat wave that is stoking some of the worst wildfires the region has ever known.
- For peace, environmental justice, and health for all around the world.
How can we pray for you?
NOTE: Any prayer request you share with Mount Olivet will remain confidential, unless otherwise noted, and will only be shared with our lead team for the purposes of prayer.